How to Unlock/Purchase hotComm
Document number: hcfaq.002
Copyright (c) 2003 1stWorks Corporation. All rights reserved.
Click here to go to our online Order page.
When you purchase hotComm, you are sent an email containing an Unlock Code. The email comes from 1stWorks Sales (sales@1stWorks.com) and goes to the address you gave PayPal.
To apply the unlock code:
- Open the email containing the Unlock Code.
- Highlight all 24 characters, starting with the 3-character code at the beginning, and press CTRL+C (the control key and C at the same time).
- Start hotComm. Look for the hotComm icon (headset) in the lower right corner of your screen (near the Time)...
... and wait for hotComm to go online.
- Right-click on the hotComm icon (that is, click with your right mouse button) and select My Info & Registration from the menu.
(If this option is grayed out, wait until the ears on the headset icon turn red and blue and then right-click the icon.)
- In My Profile Information, click the Enter Unlock button.
- Click in the white space next to Unlock code, and then press CTRL+V (the control key and V at the same time).
This copies the unlock code into the white space. (Note: make sure there aren't any blank spaces before or after the code.)
- Click Enter. (Note: the Enter button is grayed out until you enter the correct number of characters in the Unlock code field.)
- Wait for a response from us. You should see the message "Unlock code processed".
If you see the message: "No response from registration server. Please try again later", please click Cancel and try again later.
- Click Done to close the My Profile Information window.